TERMS & CONDITIONS
EFFECTIVE DATE: APRIL 2011
LAST UPDATED DATE: DECEMBER 1, 2018
THESE TERMS INCLUDE A CLASS ACTION WAIVER AND A WAIVER OF JURY TRIALS, AND REQUIRE BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE MOST DISPUTES.
THESE TERMS LIMIT THE REMEDIES THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT The Terms are subject to change by CASESONLINE.COM in its sole discretion at any time. When changes are made, CASESONLINE.COM will make a new copy of the Terms available at the Website. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Terms. If we make any material changes, and you have provided us with your e-mail address, we will also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us. Any changes to the Terms will be effective immediately for new users of the Website and will be effective for existing users upon the earlier of thirty (30) days after posting of notice of such changes on the Website or thirty (30) days after dispatch of an e-mail notice of such changes. CASESONLINE.COM may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms in a specified manner before further use of the Website is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Website. Otherwise, your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE WEBSITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS.
- 1. USE OF CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES. The Website and the content and information available on the Website (“CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES”) are protected by copyright laws throughout the world. Subject to the Terms, CASESONLINE.COM grants you a limited license to reproduce portions of CASESONLINE.COM Properties for the sole purpose of using the Website for your personal purposes. Unless otherwise specified by CASESONLINE.COM in a separate license, your right to use any CASESONLINE.COM Properties is subject to the Terms.
- 1.1 CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS. The rights granted to you in the Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, distribute, host or otherwise commercially exploit CASESONLINE.COM Properties or any portion of CASESONLINE.COM Properties; (b) you shall not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other CASESONLINE.COM Properties (including images, text, page layout or form) of CASESONLINE.COM; (c) you shall not use any metatags or other “hidden text” using CASESONLINE.COM’s name or trademarks; (d) you shall not modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of CASESONLINE.COM Properties except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (e) you shall not use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Website (except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (f) you shall not access CASESONLINE.COM Properties in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or service; and (g) except as expressly stated herein, no part of CASESONLINE.COM Properties may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update or other addition to CASESONLINE.COM Properties shall be subject to the Terms. CASESONLINE.COM, its suppliers and service providers reserve all rights not granted in the Terms. Any unauthorized use of CASESONLINE.COM Properties terminates the licenses granted by CASESONLINE.COM pursuant to the Terms.
- 2. REGISTRATION.
- 2.1 REGISTERING YOUR ACCOUNT. In order to access certain features of CASESONLINE.COM Properties you will be required to become a Registered User. For purposes of the Terms, a “REGISTERED USER” is a user who creates an account with CASESONLINE.COM (“ACCOUNT”) by either registering directly with CASESONLINE.COM through the Website or logging into the Website with the user’s social networking service account (“THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT”). By logging in with your Third-Party Account, you represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to CASESONLINE.COM and/or grant CASESONLINE.COM access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating CASESONLINE.COM to pay any fees or making CASESONLINE.COM subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. By granting CASESONLINE.COM access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that CASESONLINE.COM may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, photographs, and/or other materials accessible through CASESONLINE.COM Properties (“CONTENT”) that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT CONTENT”) so that it is available on and through CASESONLINE.COM Properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all Third-Party Account Content shall be considered to be Your Content for all purposes of the Terms. Subject to the privacy settings that you have set in your Third-Party Account, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Account may be available on and through your Account on CASESONLINE.COM Properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or CASESONLINE.COM’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then Account Content may no longer be available on and through CASESONLINE.COM Properties. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER, AND CASESONLINE.COM DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNT. CASESONLINE.COM makes no effort to review any Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and CASESONLINE.COM is not responsible for any Third-Party Account Content.
- 2.2 REGISTRATION DATA. In registering for the Services, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself (the “REGISTRATION DATA”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are at least thirteen (13) years old (or such other minimum age of requirement as may be applicable in your jurisdiction) and not a person barred from using CASESONLINE.COM Properties under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to notify CASESONLINE.COM immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security and exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CASESONLINE.COM has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CASESONLINE.COM has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of CASESONLINE.COM Properties (or any portion thereof). You agree not to create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself. You agree that you shall not have more than one Account at any given time. You agree not to create an Account or use CASESONLINE.COM Properties if you have been previously removed by CASESONLINE.COM, or if you have been previously banned from any of CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 2.3 YOUR ACCOUNT. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in your Account, and you further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to your Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of CASESONLINE.COM.
- 3. ORDER AND ACCEPTANCE.
- 3.1 ORDER ACCEPTANCE PROCESS. Each part of an order that you submit to CASESONLINE.COM constitutes an offer to purchase merchandise. If you have placed your order through the Website, then, after CASESONLINE.COM receives your order, you will receive an email from CASESONLINE.COM confirming receipt of your order (usually in minutes). If you do not receive an email from CASESONLINE.COM confirming receipt of an order that you placed, then please contact the CASESONLINE.COM Customer Service department at https://CASESONLINE.COM/contact before you attempt to place another order for the same merchandise. Please note that CASESONLINE.COM’s confirmation of receipt of your order does not equate to CASESONLINE.COM’s acceptance of your order. CASESONLINE.COM is not deemed to have accepted any part of your order until the requested merchandise has been shipped and CASESONLINE.COM has sent a shipment confirmation email.
- 3.2 ORDER ISSUES.
- (A) If CASESONLINE.COM rejects your order due to an error in pricing and/or other information about the merchandise, then CASESONLINE.COM will notify you at the email address that you have provided. Once the error has been corrected, CASESONLINE.COM will ask you whether or not you would like to re-submit your order to purchase the relevant merchandise. If CASESONLINE.COM has notified you that your order has been accepted by sending you a shipment confirmation email, then you will not be required to pay a price that is greater than the price that was displayed on the Website at the time at which you placed your order. If CASESONLINE.COM has distributed merchandise that is different from the description of the relevant merchandise (as displayed on the Website at the time at which you placed your order), then you may request a return or an exchange. For additional details, please review the CASESONLINE.COM Returns Policy available at https://CASESONLINE.COM/returns.
- (B) Although it is unlikely that CASESONLINE.COM would refuse to accept an order, CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right to deny any order for any reason, including where the following situations arise: (i) insufficient information or errors in billing, payment, and/or shipping information; (ii) orders that cannot be processed due to erroneous information that you have provided, which includes, but is not limited to incorrect credit card or debit card number, expiration date, security value, or other incorrect information regarding payment types; (iii) suspected fraudulent information; or (iv) delayed shipment or unavailability of merchandise.
- (C) CASESONLINE.COM may refuse to accept any order if fraudulent activity is suspected. CASESONLINE.COM may refuse to process any subsequent order from a customer who has a history of placing fraudulent orders.
- (D) CASESONLINE.COM may refuse any order that is connected with a previous credit card dispute.
- 3.3 ORDER CANCELLATION. If an item of merchandise is delayed out of the CASESONLINE.COM fulfillment center or becomes unavailable, or if there is an error on the Website pertaining to the order (e.g. an error pertaining to the price and/or description of merchandise), then CASESONLINE.COM may cancel the order. If this occurs, then CASESONLINE.COM will contact you so that you are aware of the situation.
- 3.4 RESTRICTIONS ON RESALE. In order to protect CASESONLINE.COM’s intellectual property rights, any suspected resale of merchandise for personal and/or business profit is strictly prohibited. CASESONLINE.COM will not accept any order that is deemed to possess characteristics of reselling. CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right to cancel any subsequent order from a customer who has been suspected of reselling.
- 4. PAYMENT TERMS.
- 4.1 PAYMENT. All prices are quoted in the denomination stated. To make a purchase, you must provide a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) (“PAYMENT PROVIDER”). Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card, and you must refer to that agreement and not the Terms to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing CASESONLINE.COM with your credit card number and associated payment information, you hereby authorize CASESONLINE.COM to immediately charge your credit card for all fees and charges due and payable to CASESONLINE.COM hereunder or credit your credit card for any refunds owed and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify CASESONLINE.COM of any change in your billing address or the credit card used for payment hereunder. CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on the CASESONLINE.COM Properties or by e-mail delivery to you.
- 4.2 REFUNDS. Payments made to CASESONLINE.COM are subject to refund in accordance with CASESONLINE.COM’s refund policy available at https://CASESONLINE.COM/returns.
- 4.3 TAXES. CASESONLINE.COM’s fees are net of any applicable Sales Tax. If any products or Services, or payments for any products or Services, under the Terms are subject to Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to CASESONLINE.COM, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority and you will indemnify CASESONLINE.COM for any liability or expense we may incur in connection with such Sales Taxes. Upon our request, you will provide us with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that you have paid all applicable taxes. For purposes of this section, “SALES TAX” will mean any sales or use tax, and any other tax measured by sales proceeds, that CASESONLINE.COM is permitted to pass to its customers that is) the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax.
- 4.4 DISCOUNTS AND PROMO CODES. We may, in our sole discretion, create discounts and promotional codes that may be redeemed for credit in your Account, or other features or benefits, subject to any additional terms that we establish on a per promotional code basis (“PROMO CODES”). Promo Codes may only be used once per person. Only Promo Codes sent to you through official CASESONLINE.COM communications channels are valid. You agree that Promo Codes: (i) must be used for the intended audience and purpose, and in a lawful manner; (ii) may not be duplicated, sold, or transferred in any manner, or made available to the general public (whether posted to a public form or otherwise), unless expressly permitted by us; (iii) may be disabled by us at any time for any reason without liability to us; (iv) may only be used pursuant to the specific terms that we establish for such Promo Code; (v) are not valid for cash; and (vi) may expire prior to your use.
- 4.5 DISPUTES. You must notify us in writing within seven (7) days after receiving your credit card statement, if you dispute any of our charges on that statement or such dispute will be deemed waived. Billing disputes should be notified to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTENT.
- 6.1 TYPES OF CONTENT. You acknowledge that all Content, including CASESONLINE.COM Properties, is the sole responsibility of the party from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not CASESONLINE.COM, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available (“MAKE AVAILABLE”) through CASESONLINE.COM Properties (“YOUR CONTENT”), and that you and other Users of CASESONLINE.COM Properties, and not CASESONLINE.COM, are similarly responsible for all Content they Make Available through CASESONLINE.COM Properties (“USER CONTENT”).
- 6.2 NO OBLIGATION TO PRE-SCREEN CONTENT. You acknowledge that CASESONLINE.COM has no obligation to pre-screen Content (including, but not limited to, User Content), although CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content. By entering into the Terms, you hereby provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of Your Content, including without limitation chat, text, or voice communications. In the event that CASESONLINE.COM pre-screens, refuses or removes any Content, you acknowledge that CASESONLINE.COM will do so for CASESONLINE.COM’s benefit, not yours. Without limiting the foregoing, CASESONLINE.COM shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable.
- 7. OWNERSHIP.
- 7.1 CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES. You agree that CASESONLINE.COM and its licensors and suppliers own all rights, title and interest in CASESONLINE.COM Properties. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 7.2 TRADEMARKS. CASESONLINE.COM’s stylized name and other related graphics, logos, service marks and trade names used on or in connection with CASESONLINE.COM Properties are the trademarks of CASESONLINE.COM and may not be used without permission in connection with any third-party products or services. Other trademarks, service marks and trade names that may appear on or in CASESONLINE.COM Properties are the property of their respective owners.
- 7.3 OTHER CONTENT. Except with respect to Your Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any Content that appears on or in CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 7.4 YOUR CONTENT. CASESONLINE.COM does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, when you as a user post or publish Your Content on or in CASESONLINE.COM Properties, you represent that you own and/or have a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, and communicate to the public, perform and display Your Content (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any worldwide intellectual property right that may exist in Your Content.
- 7.5 LICENSE TO YOUR CONTENT. Subject to any applicable account settings that you select, you grant CASESONLINE.COM a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display, Your Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of operating and providing CASESONLINE.COM Properties to you and to our other users. Please remember that other users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of Your Content that you submit to any “public” area of CASESONLINE.COM Properties. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in Your Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not CASESONLINE.COM, are responsible for all of Your Content that you Make Available on or in CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 8. FEEDBACK. You agree that submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to CASESONLINE.COM (“FEEDBACK”) is at your own risk and that CASESONLINE.COM has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to CASESONLINE.COM a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights, in connection with the operation and maintenance of CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 9. USER CONDUCT. As a condition of use, you agree not to use CASESONLINE.COM Properties for any purpose that is prohibited by the Terms or by applicable law. You shall not (and shall not permit any third-party) either (a) to take any action or (b) Make Available any Content on or through CASESONLINE.COM Properties that: (i) infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any person or entity; (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane; (iii) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail; (iv) involves commercial activities and/or sales without CASESONLINE.COM’s prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes; (v) impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of CASESONLINE.COM; (vi) interferes with or attempts to interfere with the proper functioning of CASESONLINE.COM Properties or uses CASESONLINE.COM Properties in any way not expressly permitted by the Terms; or (vii) to attempt or engage in, any potentially harmful acts that are directed against CASESONLINE.COM Properties, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security features of CASESONLINE.COM Properties, introducing viruses, worms, or similar harmful code into CASESONLINE.COM Properties, or interfering or attempting to interfere with use of CASESONLINE.COM Properties by any other user, host or network, including by means of overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing”, or “crashing” CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 10. INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS.
- 10.1 USER RESPONSIBILITY. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Services and any other parties with whom you interact through the Services; provided, however, that CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right, but has no obligation, to intercede in such disputes. You agree that CASESONLINE.COM will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions.
- 10.2 CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS. CASESONLINE.COM Properties may contain User Content provided by other users. CASESONLINE.COM is not responsible for and does not control User Content. CASESONLINE.COM has no obligation to review or monitor, and does not approve, endorse or make any representations or warranties with respect to User Content. You use all User Content and interact with other users at your own risk.
- 11. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. CASESONLINE.COM Properties may contain links to third-party websites ( “THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES”). When you click on a link to a third-party website, we will not warn you that you have left CASESONLINE.COM Properties and are subject to the terms and conditions (including privacy policies) of another website or destination. Such Third-Party Websites are not under the control of CASESONLINE.COM. CASESONLINE.COM is not responsible for any Third-Party Websites. CASESONLINE.COM provides these Third-Party Websites only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Websites, or their products or services. You use all links in Third-Party Websites at your own risk. When you leave our Website, our Terms and policies no longer govern. You should review applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any third-party websites, and should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third-party.
- 12. INVESTIGATIONS. CASESONLINE.COM may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review the Website at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, CASESONLINE.COM shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any content for any reason (or no reason), including if such content violates the Terms or any applicable law. Although CASESONLINE.COM does not generally monitor user activity, if CASESONLINE.COM becomes aware of any possible violations by a user of any provision of the Terms, CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right to investigate such violations, and CASESONLINE.COM may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate the user’s license to use the CASESONLINE.COM Properties, or change, alter or remove any content, in whole or in part, without prior notice.
- 14. INDEMFICATION. You agree to indemnify and hold the CASESONLINE.COM Parties harmless from any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of: (a) your use of, or inability to use, CASESONLINE.COM Properties; (b) your violation of the Terms; (c) your violation of any rights of another party; or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. CASESONLINE.COM reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with CASESONLINE.COM in asserting any available defenses. You agree that the provisions in this section will survive any termination of the Terms or your access to CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOUR USE OF CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. CASESONLINE.COM PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CASESONLINE.COM PARTIES MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION THAT: (1) CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) ANY ERRORS IN CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES WILL BE CORRECTED. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- 16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY CASESONLINE.COM PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES OR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT CASESONLINE.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, RESULTING FROM: (1) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES OR (2) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATED TO CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR AGGREGATE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT RECEIVED BY CASESONLINE.COM AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES OR (B) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). YOU AND CASESONLINE.COM AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE TERMS, CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES OR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON CASESONLINE.COM PROPERTIES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN CASESONLINE.COM AND YOU. THE LAWS OF SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MIGHT HAVE OTHER RIGHTS.
- 17. PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the CASESONLINE.COM Properties in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (1) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the location on Company Properties of the material that you claim is infringing; (4) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (5) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (6) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Contact information for CASESONLINE.COM’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is as follows: email@example.com.
- 18. TERM AND TERMINATION.
- 18.1 TERM. The Terms commence on the date when you accept them (as described in the preamble above) and remain in full force and effect while you use CASESONLINE.COM Properties, unless terminated earlier in accordance with the Terms.
- 18.2 TERMINATION. If timely payment cannot be charged to your Payment Provider for any reason, if you have materially breached any provision of the Terms, if we are required to do so by law (e.g., where the provision of any of CASESONLINE.COM Properties is, or becomes, unlawful), or if we choose to discontinue CASESONLINE.COM Properties (in part or in whole), we have the right to, immediately and without notice, suspend or terminate any CASESONLINE.COM Properties provided to you. If we become aware of any possible violations by you of the Terms, we reserve the right to investigate such violations. In the event that we determine, in our sole discretion, that you have breached any portion of the Terms, or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct, we reserve the right to (i) warn you via e-mail (to any e-mail address you have provided to us) that you have violated the Terms; (ii) notify and/or send any content you have provided to us to and/or fully cooperate with the proper law enforcement authorities for further action; and/or (iii) pursue any other action which we deem to be appropriate. If, as a result of the investigation, we believe that illegal activity has occurred, we reserve the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable legal authorities. We are entitled, except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, to disclose any information or materials on or in CASESONLINE.COM Properties in our possession in connection with your use of CASESONLINE.COM Properties, to (i) comply with applicable laws, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce the Terms; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; or (iv) protect the rights, property or personal safety of CASESONLINE.COM, its users or the public, and to comply with the requests of all law enforcement or other government officials, as we in our sole discretion believe to be necessary or appropriate. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to immediately take any or all of the actions set forth herein without any notice or warning to you. You agree that all terminations shall be made in our sole discretion and that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for enforcing this provision. If you want to terminate the Services provided by CASESONLINE.COM, you may do so by (a) notifying CASESONLINE.COM at any time and (b) closing your Account for all of the Services that you use. Your notice should be sent, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Termination of any Service includes removal of access to such Service and barring of further use of the Service. Termination of all Services also includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and Content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof), including Your Content. Upon termination of any Service, your right to use such Service will automatically terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of Services may involve deletion of Your Content associated therewith from our live databases. CASESONLINE.COM will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of Your Content. All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of Services, including without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitation of liability.
- 19. INTERNATIONAL USERS. This Website can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to CASESONLINE.COM Properties and other content that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that CASESONLINE.COM intends to introduce such CASESONLINE.COM Properties or content in your country. CASESONLINE.COM Properties are controlled and offered by CASESONLINE.COM from its facilities in the United States of America. CASESONLINE.COM makes no representations that CASESONLINE.COM Properties are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use CASESONLINE.COM Properties from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- 20. ARBITRATION
- 20.1 DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with CASESONLINE.COM and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- (A) Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. All claims and disputes (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as set forth below) in connection with the Terms or the use of any product or service provided by CASESONLINE.COM that cannot be resolved informally or in small claims court shall be resolved by binding arbitration on an individual basis under the terms of this Arbitration Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed, all arbitration proceedings shall be held in English. This Arbitration Agreement applies to you and CASESONLINE.COM, and to any subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns, as well as all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of services or goods provided under the Terms.
- (B) Notice Requirement and Informal Dispute Resolution. Before either party may seek arbitration, the party must first send to the other party a written Notice of Dispute (“NOTICE”) describing the nature and basis of the claim or dispute, and the requested relief. A Notice to CASESONLINE.COM should be sent to: email@example.com. After the Notice is received, you and CASESONLINE.COM may attempt to resolve the claim or dispute informally. If you and CASESONLINE.COM do not resolve the claim or dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, either party may begin an arbitration proceeding. The amount of any settlement offer made by any party may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator has determined the amount of the award, if any, to which either party is entitled.
- 20.1 DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It is part of your contract with CASESONLINE.COM and affects your rights. It contains procedures for MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- 21. GENERAL PROVISIONS.
- 21.1 GOVERNING LAW. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the State of New York, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
- 21.2 ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. The communications between you and CASESONLINE.COM use electronic means, whether you visit CASESONLINE.COM Properties or send CASESONLINE.COM e-mails, or whether CASESONLINE.COM posts notices on CASESONLINE.COM Properties or communicates with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (1) consent to receive communications from CASESONLINE.COM in an electronic form; and (2) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that CASESONLINE.COM provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. The foregoing does not affect your statutory rights.
- 21.3 RELEASE. You hereby release CASESONLINE.COM Parties and their successors from claims, demands, any and all losses, damages, rights, and actions of any kind, including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from third-party websites or your use of CASESONLINE.COM Properties.
- 21.4 ASSIGNMENT. The Terms, and your rights and obligations hereunder, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without CASESONLINE.COM’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void.
- 21.5 FORCE MAJEURE. CASESONLINE.COM shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- 21.6 COMPLIANCE. If you believe that CASESONLINE.COM has not adhered to the Terms, please contact CASESONLINE.COM by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- 21.7 NOTICE. Where CASESONLINE.COM requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing CASESONLINE.COM with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to CASESONLINE.COM is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/permitted by the Terms, CASESONLINE.COM’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to CASESONLINE.COM at the following address: email@example.com. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by CASESONLINE.COM by email at the above address.
- 21.8 WAIVER. Any waiver or failure to enforce any provision of the Terms on one occasion will not be deemed a waiver of any other provision or of such provision on any other occasion.
- 21.9 SEVERABILITY. If any provision of the Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will remain enforceable, and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 21.10 EXPORT CONTROL. You may not use, export, import, or transfer CASESONLINE.COM Properties except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained CASESONLINE.COM Properties, and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, CASESONLINE.COM Properties may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries; or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using CASESONLINE.COM Properties, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use CASESONLINE.COM Properties for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by CASESONLINE.COM are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer any products, services or technology provided by CASESONLINE.COM, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- 21.11 ENTIRE AGREEMENT. The Terms are the final, complete and exclusive agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and merges all prior discussions between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
End of Terms